There are a growing number of men and women who are seeking low cost dentures abroad, and it’s due to the escalating dental bills they have been hit with locally.
For instance, if the US bill for a complete set of false teeth was estimated at 5,000 dollars, then you could go to another country and get change out of 1,000 dollars.
There are many cosmetic dentistry clinics abroad who offer everything from basic removable dentures to the latest in denture implants. There are also regular dental clinics who, as well as their local clients, offer cut price false teeth and other treatments to people from other parts of the world.
A few years ago it was common practice to travel for cosmetic surgery, now it’s also very common for men and women to get their dental treatment abroad.
Many people, who need new teeth, are only too happy to book a short break to have dentures fitted in a day. They might even get the chance to do a spot of sightseeing.
Among the top popular countries for dental tourism are:
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
There are more things than price to be taken into consideration when choosing a dentist abroad.
Each country has their own rules and regulations, and what might be totally unacceptable in the United States might be common practice in another part of the world.
The materials used for making dentures can cost a lot less, which in turn reflects on the price tag. However, this means that the false teeth may not last as long as others and you could end up having to repair your teeth or have replacement dentures much sooner.
There are some excellent dental clinics abroad, who keep their prices down because they don’t have the huge overheads of a luxury cosmetic dentistry practice used by top celebrities and the like.
As long as the materials used are of satisfactory quality and the work is carried out by a qualified dentist, you could have the same end result without the fancy extras.
Don’t forget to think about aftercare. If you find that you have a problem with your new dentures when you return home, it is much harder to have them adjusted. After all you cannot jump on a plane just to have your arch reshaped or a rough edge smoothed off.
You may find yourself having to have adjustments made back home, at your own cost.
If you do your homework before choosing a dentist, you could save yourself a tidy sum, and there are several ways you can do this.
- Check out the proposed dental clinic on the internet. Don’t just rely on the dental center’s website. A quick search can locate previous clients, and both positive and negative reviews.
- Check out the dentist’s credentials and qualifications wherever possible.
- What guarantees are offered with the dentures or denture implants?
- Ask what is included in the cost. Many times extractions and other work are not included in the price listed, so check first. Another cost which may not be included is dental sedation, so if you have a phobia of the dentist then you need to look into this too.
You must plan carefully when you are considering denture tourism, as there are many things to take into account. For instance, how will you get there and where will you stay?
Some companies offer an all inclusive package which includes hotel stay and treatment. However, other clinics simply offer the treatment, and you must make your own travel and accommodation arrangements.
You’ve also got to consider the language barrier, although most cosmetic denture clinics are used to dealing with clients who are travelling from other countries to get their dentures cheaper.
Why Get Dentures Abroad?
There are several advantages, but the main one are:
- Low cost false teeth and denture implants
- You can have a vacation at the same time
Disadvantages Of Dentures Tourism
- Different materials may be used
- Aftercare may be difficult
- Acceptable practices may be much different
- Extras may not be included
Finally, a few pointers to ensure you get low cost dentures abroad, with no nasty surprises.
- Check out the dental clinic as much as possible
- Add in every expense involved – travel, accommodation, meals, etc.
- Make sure you obtain a detailed written quote, and make sure you take it with you when you go.
Trying to save money, by seeking low cost dental care abroad, is becoming very popular, indeed.
Just make sure you do your research before going. Otherwise, your cheap false teeth may not work out to be such a bargain after all.